Friday, October 19, 2012

Fall, Fire Safety and other Festivities

Pumpkin Paper Plates

  • We started this week of by working on making pumpkins with our own faces on them.  The kids tore wrapping paper and tissue paper into pieces, painted glue on a paper plate and assembled a pumpkin.  I cut out a stem and a vine, which they glued on themselves.  When they dried, I added a picture of them from the first day of school and I must say they turned out pretty darn cute!



Letter Recognition


  • We officially have met Ally Alligator, Bubba Bear, Catina Cat and DeeDee Deer!  For those of you who are not Zoo Phonics experts, that means my kiddos now know letters A through D :)  I really wanted to make sure they actually could tell the letters apart from each other and knew the names of each one.  We did this activity to help with that.  They had to color the A's red, the B's green, the C's blue and the D's orange.  They sure impressed me!

Fire Visit

  • For the past two weeks we have been reading books about fire safety and doing firetruck/fireman art projects.  Thursday was finally the day we got to meet the fire men and see the fire trucks outside.  My kids were in heaven!  And I was so proud that they knew most of the answers to the questions they were asked about fire safety :) 
Some kids were VERY excited to meet the firemen...

They made me put on the fire equipment...very heavy!


But most exciting is that we all got to go out to the fire truck, explore, learn and go inside of it!

What an exciting time to be in preschool!  I'll leave you with the CUTEST birthday treat I've ever seen :)

1 comment:

  1. It helps to teach the kids about fire safety while they’re still young. A little knowledge can already make a big difference and can already save lives.

    Where To Get Fire Extinguishers in Las Vegas

    ReplyDelete